Free Tohatsu M50D2 Race Engine Package
  • Yup... Stock Outboard Racing Commission owns two... count em..... 2 of these fine D Stock Racing Engine packages.   And although we paid 6500 bucks apiece for them... there are some within our elite group who would give..... that's right folks.... GIVE them away as a promotional effort to spur the D Stock Class into life.  I'm all for it,   Cause as long as they are sitting there for APBA members.... chances of moi selling a new engine are slim to none.

And, if you have the winning number... you may win one at the Maine Boat Builders show, tomorrow in Portland Maine.  The secret handshake and the password (Staggerlee) gets you in.

See ya - Alex

APBA Member #: 11195
    Boat #: 8A
    Classes: D hydro FE hydro 20 SShydro
    Region 1
  • 25 Comments sorted by
  • I can see this part of the website is not getting too much attention.   My post above garnered a total of 159 hits

Region 1
  • Alex.........you always have the captains attention. Soooo, where do i get my ticket! I need a new engine for my John Boat

Just kidding. Rock on.

APBA Member #: 71441
    Boat #: 66-E
    Classes: Stock Outboard
    Region 4
  • Alex,

I agree that the engines are doing no good sitting in Seattle.  There engines were purchased with SORC funds.  Have you suggested that the SORC sell them at a deep discount? I suspect that will be easier to sell to the SORC than your idea of giving them away.

Mark

PS:  If the SORC does decide to give them away, you have my address!

APBA Member #: 2060
    Boat #: 16-M, 1-US
    Classes: 750MH
    Region 6
  • Well... it aint quite that simple.  These engines are "inventory" meaning that they are simply a pile of parts which the SORC has purchased.  And, this pile of parts will be replaced and kept 'on the shelf' at Bass Machines or where-ever is convenient for the racer.   In the near future, the location of the location for some of the "inventory" could  be on the East Coast.  Which would make sense .

Region 1
  • Alex,

The SORC purchased complete engines.  Are you saying they don't really exist?

Mark

Region 6
  • if there is a raffle or draw for these engines i would buy a ticket or 3 in a heartbeat

Boat #: No
    Classes: No
  • i'm a little east of seattle to make it there ( staggerlee ) ( a great song in the day )

but i'm grooming my grand sons (2) of them for apba o/b hydro racing they are in 'j'  boats now

and we intend to build a 'd'  class this summer with my friend tommy glock's help

soo if e couldbe thrown in the hat ,, well what can i say ?

good luck either way  

mike kane / aka boardwalker js542

APBA Member #: 12475
    Boat #: js542
    Classes: jss, vintage
    Region 3
  • Hey Mike,   doggonnit..!!! keep on truckin.   Get those kids racing.  And I know you have a sense of humor... so keep smiling and laughing about all the things that you see that need fixing.    There will alway be things needing fixing.  That includes the junk that you and I create ( lol )    So... the answer is NEVER GIVE UP.

Regarding the engines... the Tohatsu D Stock Engines.... which are presently stored at Bass Machines, in Bremerton WA.    Those engines are "inventory"  meaning, when one of them is sold, there will be another engine that is purchased to raplace it.   That is what the SORC voted to do.   The idea being to keep on hand engines for the APBA member to be able to purchase at a moments notice.   I should point out, that a similar program was/is in place for the J engine to help keep the class alive.

Alex

Region 1
  • Well folks, the free raffles and drawings for these two fine engines have long since gone by bye for you turds that didn't get  off the dumpah in time.   HOWEVER,   Commander Brewster, Stock Outboard Chairhass advised me (the MFG) that the two engines at Bass Machines will be brought to the Nationals (you are aware of 'the nationals happening at Grass Lake aren't you.....even tho there has been virtually ZERO publicity by Crown Royal of the event)...... and I do realize that they are busy with the BIG PICTURE $$$ not us paupers in SO/MO/PRO).

So, since Chairman Brewster has taken the initiative to bring these two fine engines to the Nationals At GRASS LAKE MICHIGAN....2012... and Stock Outboard has footed the freight/crate bill.... I hope you will take advantage of this great opportunity to purchase one .... or BOTH .... of them.  

Alex

Region 1
  • One of the SORC's engines was on display at the SO nationals.  There are great engines!

Region 6
  • The two Bass Machines Tohatsu D Stock engines still available.  Dave Anderson has one in the crate in WA State, and Jeff Brewster has one in the crate in Ohio.  I've got some up here in Maine which I'll make available as soon as the other two are sold.

If anyone wants to purchase one on a credit card, I will handle the sale and send the money to APBA if they so desire.  I take MC/Visa/Disc.    Get one for Xmas

Region 1
  • can't believe either one of these engines has not sold. Seems the SORC is more devoted to the Sidewinder project, rather than help the Bass/Ram group in promoting the D class with sales of the Tohatsu........without sales of these motors and associated parts, we have the great possibility of losing a KEY supplier of parts/gearacases, towers, etc for the MOD Division alos........Bass Machines

APBA Member #: 1397
    Boat #: 63R
    Classes: 500ccmh/750ccmh/DSH/850ccmh
    Region 10
  • Not wanting to sound too stupid but where are the prices for these engines posted?

APBA Member #: 14216
    Boat #: 51CE
    Classes: 20SSH, CSH
    Region 2
  • The price is $6500 each.

Region 6
  • would be MUCH easier to sell these motors IF they were allowed to race in 2 classes competitively without major modifications (..DSH and  hint hint.... 750ccmod)...........and just imagine...BOTH classes would grow....imagine that!!!!!!!

Region 10
  • THE ENGINE IS APPROVED IN 7500ccmod! As of today at the national meeting. Also the SORC is raffling off a tahatsu engine for $20 tickets this year. A total of 345 tickets will be sold and the winner will be drawn at the nationals in Whitney Point, NY!

APBA Member #: 963
    Boat #: 20R
    Classes: CSR, CSH, 20SSH, 25ssr
    Region 10
  • Contact your local stock commissioner for ticket information.

APBA Member #: 963
    Boat #: 20R
    Classes: CSR, CSH, 20SSH, 25ssr
    Region 10
  • Sounds good!  And, I'll donate a set of Cowl Teez to the winnah.

Region 1
  • Well folks as you all surely know from reading Propeller, Chairman BREW-Stir has organized an official raffle for one of the D-Stock Tohatsu engines owned by the SORC.   The tickets are almost all sold.   As you also MIGHT knnow, only 325 tickets at $20 bucks each will be sold.    THOSE ARE INCREDIBLE ODDS FOR WINNING.

One chance in 325 to win a $6500 dollar engine.   It is brand new, never raced.  Virtually the same engine which I produce and sell now, in 2013, for $6995.  I call it the RAM50.  An electric start system will soon be available.  We are also considering a two year warranty agreement, which is unheard of for a racing engine package.

If you have any  ANY questions about the engines call or email me, I will try to help.

Alex
    207-737-4570
    ram95@myfairpoint.net

Region 1
  • Did the winner of the D motor get posted anywhere?

APBA Member #: 14216
    Boat #: 51CE
    Classes: 20SSH, CSH
    Region 2
  • The winner was Tom Nuccio from Fla. He then sold it to Gary Pond in Va.

APBA Member #: 1863
    Boat #: 2-Z
    Classes: BSH,CSH,20SSH,25XSH
    Region 4
  • John, do you knnow if Gary has plans to race the motor?

Region 10
  • Daren It is for sale

APBA Member #: 113
    Boat #: 4-F, 4
    Classes: CSR
    Region 5
  • Howie, we have 2 racers out here that plan to race DSH next year and would be interested in the motor.........can you have Gary email me with a price?

mercguy@frontier.com

Region 10
  • Please count me in for one - needed for DSR.  Thanks,

Tim Kurcz

APBA Member #:
    Boat #: 123-M
    Classes: DSR, 850MR, 850MH, 1100ccR
    Region 6