APBA Rookie Mentor Program
  • The APBA has announced plans for a rookie mentor program.  The plans are slowly being developed and in only a few hours of the announcement we already had 20+ eager volunteers! 

The purpose of the rookie mentor program is to help convey knowledge from long time racers, crew members, and enthusiasts to new racers who are just getting their feet wet. 

Please use this forum to let us know a few things that you think should be included in this program!  We need your help to begin to develop an effective rookie mentor program!!

APBA Member #: 75827
    Boat #:
    Classes:
    Region 6
  • 11 Comments sorted by

• Hi,
    I would be glad to help online with a little advice. Email only I guess it does not matter, but preferably some one in the mid-west, that is the area I raced in and some what know. Great idea (the mentor program). Probably anybody thats serious about racing now already has a mentor or is on a inboard crew. Glad to help if I can though.
    Knowing true cost of sport I think is a important factor.
    Be glad to help out though.
    Thanks, Dave

APBA Member #:
    Boat #: E-91
    Classes: BU-BSH, 280, GP, All Inb
    Region 6
  • Thanks Dave!

Boat #:
    Classes:
    Region 6
  • looking for mentoring in my c hydro i am in r12 would like help in 102 yamato motor setup for races from gas oil carb setting timing setting best spark plugs to use etc

APBA Member #:
    Boat #: 137c
    Classes: csh, 20ssh
    Region 12
  • looking for mentoring in my c hydro i am in r12 would like help in 102 yamato motor setup for races from gas oil carb setting timing setting best spark plugs to use etc

APBA Member #:
    Boat #: 137c
    Classes: csh, 20ssh
    Region 12

Casey,

Please send me your contact information at apbahq@apba-racing.com.  I will get you to the right people.

Thanks!

Boat #:
    Classes:
    Region 6
  • Vote Up0Vote Down csh2z September 2013

I noticed there are over 700 views to this thread but only a few responces. To those new to this site and are interested in boat racing.

This site is relatively new to APBA members as well. In the past, there hasn't been much action on this site. For that I apologize, many of us are stuck in our old ways. Some of us are working hard to get the word out to our membership that the best way to grow our sport is to spend more of our time and effort supporting this website. Hopefully, participation by the membership of APBA will increase dramatically in the near future.

Thanks,  John Runne (csh2z) New Bern NC

APBA Member #: 1863
    Boat #: 2-Z
    Classes: BSH,CSH,20SSH,25XSH
    Region 4
  • Vote Up0Vote Down 21V21V September 2013
    The Mackey Racing Team (DeKalb, Illinois) will be glad to mentor a new racer. We race JH, AXH, ASH, 20SSH, and CSH. Please check our local club's website (www.marineracingclub.com), and e-mail webmaster@marineracingclub.com with any questions or concerns.

APBA Member #: 12424
    Boat #: 21V, 34V (Owner), 19V (Owner), 87V (Owner)
    Classes: CSH, 20SSH, OSY-400
    Region 7
  • Michigan Hydroplane Racing Association (www.michiganhydroplane.com) is happy to accommodate any rookie/new racers.

Please email michiganhydroplane@gmail.com with any questions you may have.

APBA Member #: 74536
    Boat #: 36M
    Classes: 20SSH
    Region 6
  • Hello my name is Collin Jacobs. i was hoping and wondering if anyone in R10 can help me get started in 1.5 liter inboard racing. i turn 14 in October and i'm eager to start. You may contact me at collinjacobs6@gmail.com if you can help me get started. 

Thanks, Collin

Boat #: No
    Classes: No
  • I am also just new to APBA and the forum

Boat #: No
    Classes: No
  • Collin, 

I would be happy to help you and I just sent you another email.   

Matt Yarno

APBA Member #: 9942
    Boat #:
    Classes: J / 125cch
    Region 10